Enlightened

Saturday, February 13, 2010

I want nothing more

I want nothing more than to like humans as a whole.

Every day I wish that somehow that day will be different.
That people will have evolved mentally overnight.

I wish they didn't steal.
I wish they didn't rape.
I wish they didn't justify their heinous actions through their gods.
I wish they didn't kidnap.
I wish they didn't murder.
I wish they didn't decide that certain races are unfit to exist.
I wish they didn't push their agendas on everyone.
I wish they didn't lie.
I wish they didn't drive intoxicated.
I wish they didn't just let things happen.
I wish they didn't pretend they care.
I wish they didn't breed irresponsibly.
I wish they didn't watch Jersey Shore.
I wish they didn't let marketing work.
I wish they didn't blame drugs for assholes.
I wish they didn't use sex as a weapon.
I wish they didn't let Sarah Palin or Glenn Beck talk.
I wish they stood their ground.
I wish they thought for themselves.
I wish they questioned anything.
I wish they care about education.
I wish they didn't love war.

I could go on for quite some time listing all the things I wish they weren't or didn't do, but I don't want to kill myself just yet.

I just don't want to be cynical or pissed off anymore, but every time I try to appreciate humanity, someone punches their wife or stabs a prostitute.

All I want is to make a difference in someone's life, I want to save someone from this shitty feeling I've developed.

I want to work at a non profit organization for the rest of my life.
I want to dedicate myself and my life to stopping violence and heartbreak.

Right now, I just want to end human trafficking, but who knows? There are a billion and twelve problems in the world, I'll find my calling.


I need to help, or I'm going to lose my shit.

No comments: